The Outpost Assistant General Manager will report to the Outpost General Manager and will partner in the operations and management of Arts District Outpost in Downtown Los Angeles.
Duties include (but not limited to) the managing the Outpost staff, serving Outpost guests, managing the tasting room property, and serving as a liaison to the Corporate Office:
- Foster a cohesive and forthcoming environment that encourages enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and mutual respect
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills as a role model to the team and by providing superior service to our Outpost guests (includes participation in the Outpost tip pool)
- Help to set sales and wine club targets and work towards achieving those goals
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills as role model to team
- Train Outpost employees
- Clearly communicate company programs, directives and incentives
- Manage inventory on a weekly basis
- Coordinate music program
- Coordinate local wine donations, as directed by the Corporate Office
- Propose and implement new concepts to increase returning and new customer traffic into Outpost
- Market and coordinate private events for the Outpost
- Create flyers and displays to promote winery events and sales
- Decorate the Outpost for various holidays and events throughout the year
- Post relevant social media
- Oversee the overall care and cleanliness of the Outpost environment
- Order supplies for the Outpost: such as totes, growlers, glasses, wine club cards, paper products, bags, office supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Monitor the equipment in the Outpost and schedule maintenance
- Coordinate with winery regarding shipping orders placed at the Outpost
- Assist in ordering the wine inventory needed on a bi-weekly basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Food and wine knowledge preferred
- Prior sales experience
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, some evenings, and adapt to a flexible schedule
- This position will involve the ability to lift, carry and/or transport 40 pounds (a case of wine) is necessary
- Full time employment
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Outlook, Word; E-commerce, POS and social media experience.
About Pali Wine Company:
Pali Wine Co. brings the winery experience to your neighborhood. Through our five Outposts in Southern California, we create a connection between our customers, our Santa Barbara County-based winery and the vineyards that we source our grapes from. Pali’s wines are highly regarded by critics, and we have a reputation for producing wines with a strong sense of place and identity. Even still, Pali’s wines are approachable to new wine-drinkers and our staff embraces every opportunity to educate our customers.
We produce a variety of wines by employing a spectrum of winemaking techniques, old and new. We obsess over our customers’ experiences, and we welcome new members to the Pali team who share our obsession and want to add to our customer’s experience. We are performance driven, which makes Pali Wine Co. an inspiring place to grow personally and professionally.