East Central College has opening for a full-time Learning Center Specialist responsible for providing one-on-one tutoring to students in English/Writing coursework and facilitating workshops and group tutoring sessions.
Schedule will be determined each semester based on tutoring needs and student class schedules; day or evening hours may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate's degree in related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide tutoring services to students in math or English, both online and on campus.
- Assist students with instructional computer assisted programs and computer access issues.
- Help students with development of time management, test taking strategies and study skills, supplemental workshops
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of tutoring sessions in online tracking software program.
- Monitor activity throughout the Learning Center to help ensure a professional and student focused learning environment.
- Assist with the assessment process including satisfaction surveys, tracking visits, and assisting with reports.
- Maintain College, Reading, Learning Association Training.
- Score writing samples – writing tutor only.
- Prepare students for Accuplacer.
- Create and implement workshops.
- Assist with online writing center – writing tutor only.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with years of experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.