East Central College has an opening for an Executive Director of Workforce Development. This position will lead and manage the workforce development programs of East Central College, including job training services and programs, maintaining and growing enrollment and revenue related to workforce development. Overseeing and guiding customized and contract training funds and programming, Community Education and Summer Learning Academy programming, health career workforce programs and other employer-related programs and services.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields; five years’ workforce development or business consultant work experience; two years supervisory work experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Oversee, manage and lead the CWD staff and programs, including Community Education, Health Careers and workforce training programs.
- Develop budgets for operating, managing and marketing the department toward a self-sustaining budget model.
- Oversee all fiscal processes for assigned program areas including developing annual budgets for assigned program areas; maintain and produce reports as required and requested by the Vice President of External Relations, approve all expenditures related to the daily operation of the department; ensure that program instructor payroll is completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and cultivate business relationships with key external & internal stakeholders to determine workforce development needs
- Design innovative training curriculum that enhances the client’s skills and knowledge.
- Manage operational logistics of workforce contracts and internal and external funding.
- Direct the development of new courses and/or programs as needs are identified; oversee the development of training programs and course schedules; develop curriculum and host public training seminars.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate staff; support and guide professional development opportunities for staff; recruit contracted instructors to deliver short-term workforce training programs and seminars.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.