East Central College has opening for a full-time Retention Specialist responsible for providing retention support systems including coaching, mentoring, and supplemental instruction to ensure student success and retention for students impacted by environmental, social support, and college readiness factors.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Tested experience in student success, retention initiatives, and/or academic support roles; teaching/tutoring experience preferred
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Assist Retention Coordinator with outreach, success coaching, and maintenance of Aviso software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of retention issues and practices in higher education.
- Serve as a Success Coach, with anticipated caseloads of 300+ students. Primary responsibilities include closing stop-out gap, communicating with students and faculty, assisting students with resources, and providing timely interventions to help students in their academic progress.
- Support students acclimating to college, bridging gaps of knowledge, and transitioning to alternative modalities that differ from “traditional” classroom structure.
- Assist with outreach to appropriate divisions, departments, and classes; provide students with information about program area(s) and services available; provide faculty with information about services available and opportunities for faculty participation.
- Work in partnership with counselor and other Student Services departments to support student’s well-being, including access to mental health counseling and additional resources.
- Collect and evaluate data regarding students' progress; provide feedback to the Retention Coordinator. Assist Retention Coordinator with assessment reporting.
- Collaborate with the Retention Coordinator and Learning Center on workshops and programming that support retention and student success, including study groups, linked tutoring, embedded tutoring, etc…
- Design and deliver study skills curriculum.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. View salary schedule here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.