The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire a qualified, enthusiastic, full time Front Desk Manager. Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre is a sophisticated boutique hotel with a fine dining restaurant, an uber hip lounge, nostalgically happening bar, and beautifully appointed environment for our guests. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
We are hiring a Front Desk Manager with experience required:
Qualifications, Job Knowledge, and Skills
- Manage staff according to SOPs, policies and procedures. Develop and implement any new policies and procedures in order to obtain optimal guest satisfaction, services, and revenue maximization.
- Be visible during key hours of operations at the property.
- Handle all guest issues and follow-up accordingly in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Develop, Implement, and Monitor the orientation and training of all employees. Keep training records on all and existing staff.
- Implement repeat guest recognition program. Resolve customer complaints, as appropriate, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Manage the day-to-day human resource functions within the department. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Attend management staff meetings and training sessions. Schedule and conduct department meetings on a regular basis. Ensure that daily line-ups are conducted.
- Perform all functions of Front Desk, Bell, Concierge, Reservations, and Night Audit as needed.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Drives the Revenue Management process thru PMS systems and works directly with revenue management team to ensure REVPAR.
- Communicate with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work
- Flexible schedule **Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company**
Additional Qualifications for Front Desk Manager:
- Hands on Manager; assists in check-in / check-out of guests or any related guest service activity.
- Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
- Run accurate room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals
- Print cashiers report and verify balances. Verify all banks and deposits accordingly.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Respond to guest questions regarding the hotel. Know the layout of the hotel including all suites, meeting rooms and all venue locations and hours of operation.
Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.