Are you looking for a position at a mission-driven, innovative organization with great benefits? If so, join Boulder Housing Partners! We are a PERA employer and offer great public employee retirement benefits, health benefits and more.
We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE: Under general direction of the Director of Maintenance, this position supervises and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the maintenance field staff. This position assists and trains all maintenance field staff in areas needed to perform their job and complete work orders. Provides a high level of customer support to BHP residents, staff, and colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify priority maintenance work and training items regarding field maintenance tasks for the entire BHP portfolio.
- Establish and implement quality controls and standard operating procedures.
- Effectively supervise teams of maintenance field technicians.
- Coordinate property maintenance activities with the property Management and Resident Services departments when needed.
- Organize and implement maintenance training programs and provide overview of the training plan with techs.
- Utilize training software to oversee and conduct training with maintenance techs.
- Enhance employee work habits and safety protocols by providing training and appropriate feedback.
- Conduct 90-day training workshops with new hires.
- Track initial and ongoing employee training and ensure timely completion of training activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
- Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of BHP.
Generally, essential job functions are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.
Boulder Housing Partners is committed to hiring employees who provide excellent customer service. Our employees communicate courteously and responsively with the public and co-workers, are sensitive to diversity issues provide effective and efficient service to the public and co-workers and act with a high level of integrity and take responsibility for their words and actions.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Continuous learner
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff
- Team player
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Reacts quickly and adapts to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction
- Works effectively with minimal supervision
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent; excellent customer service skills; experience working directly with employees/customers with a variety of ethnic backgrounds, Ten-years construction experience to include three years’ experience in the building maintenance trades. Must have a minimum of 4 years progressive management experience including supervision. Willingness and ability to be flexible with a variety of functions and timing, maintain a positive attitude and reflect the values of excellent customer service, professionalism, and teamwork. Valid Colorado Driver License required.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent written and spoken Bilingual Spanish/English. Experience with a financial system like the YARDI System where the maintenance function is fully integrated with other financial functions. Positive experience working in a team-based environment. Average to advanced computer skills with knowledge and experience using Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet, and data entry.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Hiring Range: $82,000-$90,000/Year DOQ
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us:If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more