East Central College has openings for part-time Welding Lab Assistants responsible for providing support services for Welding laboratory set-up and demonstrations, including maintaining the equipment and inventory records for the laboratory and equipment. Responsible for providing support services for Program Coordinator.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
Tentative work schedule is Monday - Thursday 10:00am – 3:30pm or 4:00pm – 9:30pm.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Associates degree in Welding or related field and one-year related experience required
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Set up and store laboratory materials, equipment, and other related items, which may involve examination of exercises and demonstrations as described in manuals and textbooks to determine if the proposed exercise can be performed as written or modified to fit available equipment. Follow all safety regulations.
- Schedule preparation and set-up of laboratory exercises and demonstrations based on instructors’ syllabi including preparing and setting up equipment deemed to be too hazardous for students to handle.
- Maintain the laboratory storage facility and an orderly storage area.
- Store and dispose of hazardous wastes using procedures that insure safety and legal restrictions are met; assist in informing faculty and staff of proper procedures. Maintain documentation in an organized, accessible fashion.
- Assist with maintaining the laboratory in a clean and orderly fashion; maintain records on pieces of equipment. Maintain records of any equipment stored at off-campus storage locations.
- Prepare, receive, unpack, and store apparatus, supplies, and special equipment, maintaining a permanent inventory record system of the kind, number, and costs of articles.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.