Salary Range: $6,385- $7,982 per month, depending on experience, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to those applications received by Tuesday, December 13th, 2022.
Everett Housing Authority is offering a $1,000 hiring incentive at the time of hire for all external candidates.
Everett Housing Authority (EHA) is a diverse, innovative public agency located in Everett, WA, only minutes from the waterfront. EHA is committed to our mission: to create affordable housing, foster healthy communities where households thrive, and replace systemic racism with equity for all.
Those interested can expect:
- A flexible hybrid office/remote work schedule
- A competitive salary
- 22 days of paid vacation annually
- 13 days of sick leave each year
- 13 paid holidays each year
- A strong benefit package including robust health, dental, and life insurance as well as a pension plan (PERS).
- Work that makes a difference!
All EHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of our employees and community. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment, a prospective hire must submit a certificate of vaccination to the Human Resources Department.
We are seeking to fill the position of “Senior Accountant.” The work this person does will have a substantial impact on financial reporting for our agency.
The ideal candidate will be care deeply about our mission and our participants. This person will have a strong background in financial accounting and reporting, ideally in both GASB and FASB organizations. You should be comfortable working with deadlines and be able to articulate and defend the integrity of your product and workpapers with auditors. Applicants should be comfortable working in a team in efforts to accomplish the goals of the Finance Department and the agency.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will work to ensure that financial information produced by the agency is accurate and complies with ongoing and changing requirements. You will have hands-on responsibility for recording financial transactions for assigned properties and programs and preparing periodic financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and following Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and/or Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements for internal use. You will learn and follow agency policies and processes. You will prepare or oversee preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, budget reports, and other reports for investors, lenders, auditors, HUD, and others in a timely and accurate manner. Your workpapers will be thorough, clear, and defendable. You will prepare other analysis and reports as needed throughout the year and on an ad-hoc basis. You will work together with other departments to prepare budgets and oversee budget reviews. You will work with others to develop and document new processes as needed.
The Senior Accountant will play a vital role in similar work for the agency as a whole, in a supporting capacity. The Senior Accountant will support the CFO and Deputy Director in gathering information and conducting analysis as needed.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination on first day of employment.
- At least 3 to 5 years of paid work experience in accounting and financial reporting. Experience in a housing authority, property management, or government environment is preferred.
- Solid understanding of principals and practices of modern fiscal management and accounting standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Understanding of audit standards is advantageous.
- Strong ability and knowledge of computers, including financial software and Office 365. Strong ability in Excel. Experience in Yardi is beneficial.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply applicable laws and regulations as well as accounting standards relevant to our agency.
- Understanding of budget preparation and budget controls.
EHA values diverse perspectives and experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer