East Central College is seeking part-time Adult Education & Literacy (AEL, formerly GED) Instructors for the Sullivan location responsible for teaching/tutoring adult learners 6 hours per week. An additional 1-2 hours per week available for planning time. No grading of assignments is required outside class time. Annual requirement for 20 hours professional development.
Sullivan class meets Tuesday and Thursdays mornings, 9am – 12 pm at the Sullivan Christian Church.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Desire to teach
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Teaching or tutoring experience preferred
- Fingerprint background check
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Teach and tutor students in the AEL/ELA program
- Direct, guide and evaluate student progress
- Prepare outline of instructional programs, lesson plans, and establish course goals for students
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
- Occasional weekend hours required for staff meetings and professional development.
View job description here.
Starting rate: $17.00 per hour.
Visit www.eastcentral.edu/ael for more information, class times and locations.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.