East Central College has an opening for a part-time Instructional Program Assistant for Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) responsible providing a variety of instructional assistance to students in a laboratory environment; perform other duties to support the instructional program such as equipment maintenance and software updates.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate degree
- One year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Assist in the day-to-day operation and program development of the Industrial Engineering Technology program.
- Tutor and assist students individually or in small groups, reinforcing or following up on instructions provided by the instructor.
- Assist students with assignments related to the instructional program to which assigned; explain concepts, principles and terminologies to students.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials; perform a variety of clerical support duties.
- Assist in the classroom and/or lab in the absence of faculty.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.