Join EcoTensil, the leader in making the most sustainable and plastic-free eating utensils since 2010, as our Shipping and Inventory Coordinator.
We are a small, award-winning woman run business on a mission. People enjoy working here, and team members have been here a long time. While we each have primary roles to play, we also jump in and help wherever needed which keeps things fun and interesting. You will set your own hours and work occasionally at our office in San Rafael.
In this mission-critical role, you will lead the effort to ensure our products move efficiently from manufacturing to our fulfilment-houses in the US and Europe and on to sales order fulfillment. We will depend on you to keep things flowing smoothly and ultimately take great care of our suppliers and customers in the U.S., Canada, Europe and beyond!
Qualities you bring:
- Strong work ethic and enjoy working independently, including setting your own work hours
- Comfortable jumping in to help wherever needed, regardless of level or function
- High attention to detail in all things including data entry, tracking, communication, and problem solving
- Adept at figuring things out on your own, but also comfortable checking if there is any doubt
- Always looking at more efficient ways to do things
- Accountable and one that keeps commitments
- Enjoys communicating through organized spreadsheets
- Talent for pushing vendors to get things done while building trusting relationships
Experience and talent you have:
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and working on Macs
- Familiar with CRMs like Zoho, Saleforce and others, the more experience the better
- Experience in managing logistics and operations
- Working for a small company or start-up
What you will be doing:
- Manage our fulfillment house in the US and one in Europe
- Keep accurate records in our systems - Zoho, Excel, etc.
- Reconcile orders with Shopify(shopping cart) and our CRM (Zoho) and possibly Quick books
- Track inventory levels and move products from manufacturing to our two fulfilment houses as needed
- Ensure European orders have been smoothly processed by EU fulfillment house
- Keep product information up to date (SKU and UPC numbers, product information, etc.)
- Help support our European sales person and CEO with sales orders and prospects
- Help coordinate trade show materials
- And enthusiastically jump in to help wherever else needed
You will be on the front-line of our expanding business and reducing plastic in the world. Join our team today!
This is a part time hourly job paying $38 to $40/hour for 25 to 30 hours per week. Benefits include medical coverage if desired and an ownership stake via options in the company.
EcoTensil has reinvented the disposable eating utensil. In one fun fold, EcoTensil space-efficient paperboard products transform into the most pleasingly smooth, sturdy, sustainable cutlery available. Our award-winning, globally distributed EcoTaster tasting utensil (Costco, Target, Whole Foods…) uses 1/5th the space of other mid-sized tasters. We are the only compostable, recyclable and certified plastic-free spoon on the market.