East Central College has an opening for a full-time (9 month) Precision Machine Instructor/Program Coordinator. The Precision Machine Instructor (faculty) is responsible for providing effective learning strategies and real-world precision machining experiences to provide high quality knowledge and skills for students entering the Precision Machine workforce.
The faculty member with this assignment works under the Precision Machine Program Coordinator job description and the faculty job description.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Associate degree with five years of work experience in precision machine or a bachelor’s degree with three years of work experience in precision machine
- NIMS Certification (For non-NIMS certified applicants’ school will sponsor certification)
- Significant experience in defining, developing, and administering all aspects of precision machine technologies; prior teaching experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor).
- Coordinate the overall Precision Machining program activities.
- Exercise leadership in the area of program oversight and curriculum maintenance. Have a broad understanding of the intricacies of the program and its relationship to the local sending schools.
- Participate in instructional institutional planning and budget processes
- Collaborate with potential employers to develop on going competency needs for graduates.
- Evaluate student performance; meet regularly and confer with students regarding their progress in the program.
- Provides oversight and management of the Precision Machine equipment including software upgrades.
- Assist the Dean in conducting periodic program review and maintaining appropriate assessment records
- Organize and lead two (2) Advisory committee meetings in an academic year.
- Perform as a resource for all Precision Machining faculty.
- Mentor faculty in use and development of Precision Machining equipment.
- Assist the Dean with hiring, orienting, mentoring, oversight, and evaluations of adjunct faculty
- Assist the Dean with coordination of a schedule of course offerings and faculty assignments to meet the needs of the students.
- Oversee and participate in local events related to student recruitment and any other activities related to the Precision Machine program and community outreach.
View Program Coordinator job description here.
Faculty member duties:
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- With the assistance of the core faculty, Department Chairperson and the Vice President of Academic Affairs, participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards, and policies.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, presentation, and maintain course outlines/syllabi and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus.
- Use current technology to enhance instructional and institutional effectiveness including but not limited to computers, computer-assisted instruction programs, audio visual equipment, and be willing to learn and apply any other new technology necessary to enhance learning.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internships, observations, field experiences, or other similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance, and recommending improvement measures.
View faculty job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Faculty salary will be commensurate with education and years of experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
Anticipated start: August 2023
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.