Are you interested in working for a mission-driven organization? We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
BHP is a PERA employer and offers great public employee retirement benefits, health and wellness benefits, work-life balance, and flexible schedules.
POSITION TITLE: Junior Accountant
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under direct supervision, to timely and accurately perform accounting duties and to perform related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Cash Management Accountant
- Acts as Finance’s Liaison to various banks.
- Reviews daily bank processing for accuracy.
- Reviews daily tenant ACH receipts in Yardi Payment Processing module.
- Processes ACH transactions for tenant rents, AP Vendor Payments and landlord payments.
- Bank Accounts – new account setups, closing accounts, change of signatories, banking services for fraud protection and VISA card holder changes.
General Ledger Accountant
- Assists with month end general ledger reconciliation as assigned.
- Prepares and posts various journal entries during the month.
- Backup: Prepares reconciliation control for intercompany accounts and check requests as required to clear balances.
- Provides support, documentation, input and analysis for budget and audit as necessary.
- Communicates with residents and BHP staff. This includes addressing automatic ACH payment setup concerns, pay-back agreements, and referrals to other personnel as necessary.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including personal computer, typewriter, telephone, photocopy machine, facsimile machine, and calculator/adding machine.
- Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of Boulder Housing Partners.
- Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment.
- May act as finance liaison to other BHP teams.
- Performs clerical duties, including maintaining filing systems.
- Various other accounting duties and projects as needed.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and integrity; listens to questions and concerns, evaluates issues and possible solutions, works collaboratively with the Boulder Housing Partners team to address systemic problems; inspires confidence and respect; uses feedback from others to grow and develop.
- Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to BHP property.
- Actively supports and upholds the BHP’s stated mission and values. Optimizes the use of resources; responsible for knowing and complying with all BHP policies. Participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Boulder Housing Partners is committed to hiring employees who provide excellent customer service. Our employees communicate courteously and responsively with the public and co-workers, are sensitive to diversity issues provide effective and efficient service to the public and co-workers and act with a high level of integrity and take responsibility for their words and actions.
4-year degree in accounting with 2 years of relevant experience or 2-year degree in accounting and 5 years of relevant experience. Previous experience required and/or a demonstration of understanding and application of basic accounting principles, including journal entry debits and credits and an understanding of the difference between assets, liabilities, and equity. Customer service, data entry, and cash handling experience requested. Experience with microcomputers including use of word processing, databases, and spreadsheets. 10 Key by touch, Excel, Windows, Word and database experience required. Accurate typing speed of 3540 wpm. Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, operate office machines, and maintain accurate filing systems. Willingness and ability to work additional hours as needed. Acceptable background information, including criminal history, ability to be bonded. Valid Colorado driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Attention to detail.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse people in an organizational context.
- Interest, desire, ability, and commitment to provide excellent customer service in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
HIRING RANGE AND BENEFITS:
$25 - $29 DOQ
We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans.
- Retirement benefits that include PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans.
- Paid life insurance.
- Employee wellness program.
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave.
- Summer hours during months June-August.
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.