We will be hiring for an Engineering Manager position to help support clients and engineering teams. In this role, you will report to VP of engineering and collaborate with our sales team to develop engineering teams and expand relationships with existing and potential clients. You will be responsible for reporting project updates and quoting new projects and solutions to clients for a team of geographically dispersed engineers. As you lead and manage this growing group of engineers and leads, you will have the responsibility to develop strong relations with clients, stakeholders in our industry, as well as develop engineers and future leaders. For work location, the engineering manager could work remotely within the Midwest or from one of our four offices in Milwaukee, Fargo, Des Moines or Cedar Falls, IA.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager to support clients and engineering teams. In this role, you will report to the VP of Engineering and collaborate with our sales team to develop engineering teams and expand relationships with existing and potential clients. You will be responsible for reporting project updates and quoting new projects and solutions to clients for a team of geographically dispersed engineers. As you manage a growing group of teams and their leads, you will have the responsibility to develop strong relations with clients, stakeholders of our industries, as well as develop engineers and successful leaders. The role provides opportunity to work closely with our key clients, key functional leaders, and managers (across Engineering, Sales/Marketing, Finance, Infrastructure and HR). Below is additional information about the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Project Management/Client Support (40%)
- Collaborate with DISTek sales team and client managers to identify project opportunities, process improvements, and cost containment strategies.
- Develop and deliver presentations on DISTek value services provided to clients and stakeholders.
- Develop and track key metrics for team and project performance through client feedback.
- Meet with dedicated clients frequently and engage them in efforts to promote our best total solution.
- Explore and recognize business trends and develop deep client understanding for project opportunities to ensure long term successful business relationships.
- Coaching/Mentoring (25%)
- Provide career guidance and feedback to team members and team leads by following our Catalytic Coaching process
- Promote employee engagement and support our culture.
- Inspire and build team comradery and employee identity through recognition and team building activities.
- Resource Management/Leadership (25%)
- Develop engineers and team leads in efforts to create clients that are raving fans of our engineers and services
- Develop and approve budgets, track and report updates and perform project leveling as needed
- Prioritize client project needs and participate in the hiring process for new team members
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by clients and team members
- Hire, train and supervise team leads and team members
- Adhere to leadership code of conduct
- Process Creation and Continuous Improvement (10%)
- Lead internal initiatives focused on improving DISTek’s ability to serve clients and provide engaging work environment to team members through utilization of Entrepreneurial Operating System, (EOS®), concepts.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or work equivalency
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems – troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communicator – strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven MS Office knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to travel up to approximately 10% in the Midwest US
- 4-year STEM related degree (engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Leadership experience – managing others and/or leading projects (or completed leadership training)
- Project management experience
- Presentation skills – ability to present to stakeholders/clients (phone, in-person, and virtually)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders in various positions of different technical backgrounds
- Familiarity with off-highway vehicles (Ag, Construction, Mining, Military i.e.)
- Experience with data acquisition, embedded systems and/or model-based software development
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organization, planning, and communication skills and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to employees, clients, and management
- Ability to network, build, and grow client relationships
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.
DISTek Integration, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.