Bay Area's premier provider of ferry and water excursions is looking for a Dispatcher.
This is your opportunity to join Bay Area's premier provider of ferry and water excursions on San Francisco Bay. This position is currently based in our Alameda location and will likely be scheduled to work in the San Francisco location as operational needs dictate.
If you are looking for a place to take the next step in your career with an industry leader, then this may be the right opportunity for you. We encourage go-getters with strong administrative/customer service skills to apply (previous dispatching experience preferred). This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to contribute and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Don't let this opportunity slip away. Apply today!
Acts as an operations communications link funneling information between the appropriate person or group and takes appropriate action.
- Coordinate crew scheduling according to operational needs and in adherence with the current labor contracts.
- Arrange vessel scheduling that will ensure on-time performance and meet operational needs.
- Inform Operations, Ticketing, Engineering, Food and Beverage, Sales and/or Human Resources of any relevant operational, scheduling, and/or employee changes.
- Monitor and respond to radio traffic and answer all incoming telephone calls.
- Maintain accuracy of Passenger Service System, Time and Attendance System and Dispatch Log.
- Inform and coordinate with Operations Management Team as appropriate on any matter which affects the smooth flow of vessel operations, vessel availability, crew problems, accidents, injuries or other abnormal operational matters.
- Notify passengers of schedule changes via Bay Alerts and NextBus messaging.
- Assist captains and crews with operational issues i.e. payroll adjustments and time-off requests.
- Complete reports in a timely accurate manner.
- Maintain professional and congenial relationships with various departments and crews.
- Enter data, including payroll.
- Coordinate all other daily operational matters with the various departments and crews.
- Maintain positive teamwork with all members of the organization.
Base pay range: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
Blue & Gold Fleet has been the premier provider of ferry and water excursion services on San Francisco Bay for over 40 years, offering the famous one-hour San Francisco Bay Cruise, the 90-minute Escape from the Rock Cruise around Alcatraz Island and a Sunset Cruise. The company provides regular ferry service to Sausalito and through its contract with the Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA) service to: Harbor Bay, Main Street Alameda, Oakland, Richmond, Seaplane Lagoon, South San Francisco, Vallejo, Oracle Park (for San Francisco Giants games and special events) and Chase Center (for Golden State Warriors games and special events). Blue & Gold Fleet operates a fleet of 21 vessels.
Blue & Gold Fleet is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Blue & Gold Fleet will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For more information visit https://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.