Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Founded in 1926, Manufacturing Technology, Inc. (MTI) remains a family-owned South Bend, IN headquartered business which is currently operated by the 4th generation of the family. MTI is the global leader in friction welding solutions with locations in the United States, United Kingdom, Slovakia and a majority-owned facility in India. Leveraging the outstanding MTI reputation and our strong customer relationships, MTI has developed a significant global presence as provider of critical friction welding solutions for Aerospace / Astrospace, Automotive, Military, Oil & Gas and Mining industries and boasts customers such as NASA, Boeing, Pratt & Whitney, GE, and large tier 1 automotive suppliers. We are known as an independent, nimble, and fast responding partner for customized solutions. With over 250 global employees MTI generates over $50M in annual sales. There are three main branches of the business: global Friction Welding Machine Build, global Contract Friction Welding, and European Resistance Welding.
As our influence expands, we are searching for an experienced, highly skilled and strategic minded Chief Financial Officer to join our Team of exceptionally dedicated and inter-connected professionals in an exciting and rewarding technically advanced company.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) plays a critical role in developing and implementing the global business strategy for Manufacturing Technology Inc. by taking financial data and using it to influence operational decision making and strategy. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the CFO will be an advisor to the functional area leaders, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modeling. She/he will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Shareholders.
This important role strives to achieve success by following MTI’s Core Values: Purposeful Innovation, MTI Family Company, Stellar Reputation, Customer Intimate, Supported Accountability, and An Environment Where You Are Expected to Contribute and Grow.
Location: South Bend, IN
MTI is a company in significant growth, and rapid development in terms of globalizing and becoming best in class. MTI is looking for driven, collaborative, and innovative people to help us achieve our goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assistance in managing the corporation with respect to the vision and core values (Purposeful Innovation, MTI Family Company, Stellar Reputation, Customer Intimate, Supported Accountability, An Environment Where You Are Expected To Contribute and Grow) while working to achieve the long-term goals of the shareholders by working with the Board of Directors, Executive Team, and Leadership teams.
- Oversees in all areas of financial reporting, including cost accounting, manufacturing variance analysis, multi entity consolidations, cash and debt management.
- Responsible for global banking relations and manages MTI global capital structure.
- Responsible for all tax filings internationally, requiring a strong understanding US and foreign tax laws.
- Manages, along with the Executive Team, the strategic decision-making within the organization by leveraging financial data to drive business transformation.
- Responsible for creating financial and business reports and metrics that reflect the business’ health and direction while communicating to the stakeholders for the corporation
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with organizational functional area leaders, particularly Sales, Operations, Engineering and Human Resources
- Creates a positive learning environment by managing staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities are equipped to reach the business goals and expectations.
- Responsible for business growth by identifying and communicating financial data in order to provide meaningful commentary, trends and recommended actions
- Responsible for developing risk management strategies with an emphasis on international transactions, currency risks, and market trends.
- Champion digital technology in order to provide access to timely and accurate financial information through the ERP or other data tools
- Develops foreign currency risk plan and guidelines
- Works with international joint ventures in the UK, Slovakia, and India in order to create financial consistency and leverage the business entities
- Executes mergers and acquisitions in order to facilitate smooth transitions
- Advise and recommend future technical and/or operational direction and process improvements as related to this function.
- Perform other assignments, as requested by the CEO
- Promotes cultural values, develops leaders, and models the behavior expected of others
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Strong leadership and management skills to foster a highly capable and sustainable Manufacturing and Operations team that is driven by continuous improvement
- Keen sense of curiosity in order to gather organizational information that should be influenced from a financial perspective
- Strong operational understanding of a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to assess and mitigate financial and security risks
- Proven proficiency in direct cash flow model and 13 weeks cash-flow analysis
- Experience in Made2Manage or the ability to learn ERP systems
- Experience in Made2Manage Advanced Reporting System or the ability to learn reporting tools
- Computer Proficiency including Microsoft Office 365 including Power Apps
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional and ethical standar
Preferred Skills or Competencies
- Proficiency in a foreign accounting standards and conversion to GAAP
Job Type: Full-time
This is not a remote position. This position requires your onsite presence.
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- H.S.A. with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off, new hires receive 20 days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid short term disability
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary uniform service
- EV charging station for employee
- Day shift
MTI is a privately held company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in transformational, custom-engineered joining solutions for manufacturing processes. Our leading-edge expertise is available on site worldwide. An ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP registered company, we also provide contract welding services at our 115,000 SF facility in South Bend, as well as at MTI Welding Technologies, Ltd. in Kingswinford, England.
Here is link to everything great about South Bend, Indiana: http://www.ci.south-bend.in.us/
MTI is a EOE/Affirmative Action and Drug Free Workplace.