Bellanca Hotel is seeking an enthusiastic part time Front Desk Agent to add to the team! This position provides you with the stepping stones to build your career and you can truly make the job your own. If you are looking for a highly visible position where you have a direct impact on the success of a company, then join Bellanca Hotel today and start contributing to our continuous growth as an industry leader.
- Prior front desk / reservations experience is a plus but not required
- Computer literate – required
- Availability to work weekends and holidays - required
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication - required
- Friendly and helpful disposition
- Previous experience with hotel software – a plus
- Ability to multitask in a high profile, high traffic environment
- Team oriented and self-motivated; able to work unsupervised
General Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive):
- Handle reservations and guest check-in using hotel management software
- Have/Maintain knowledge about all aspects of the local scene all around Avalon and Los Angeles. Provide information of the area to guests such as directions, dining suggestions, and area highlights.
- Establish contacts with local venues to ensure the best service for all of our guests
- Coordinate all guest requests for special arrangements or services in a courteous and efficient manner
- Attend to immediate needs of VIPs upon arrival and follow through with attention throughout their stay
- Recognize all return guests and know their special requests
- Assist with check -in, check-out, and phones
- Assist guests with luggage, if necessary
- Willingly perform other reasonable tasks and duties as assigned by management
Payrate: $20.00 per hour. Our part time employees enjoy numerous perks to include free access to the company Employee Assistance Program (EAP), discounts to all Eat, Drink and Sleep operated venues and fun events planned throughout the year.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement or you may stop by our location at 111 Crescent Avenue, Avalon, CA 90704 in person to fill out an employment application.
Footsteps from the water, the best of Catalina is just outside our door. Our guests enjoy an island getaway in an ocean view suite or in on of our luxuriously appointed guest rooms.
Our Company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.