Do you have experience in a production facility environment? Do you know how to operate machinery to produce quality results? Are you reliable, and eager to learn more to advance your skills?
If you answered, "Yes!", then Manufacturing Technology, Inc. would like to learn more about your skills and how you could join our team. We deliver state-of-the-art, custom-engineered manufacturing welding solutions and rely on dedicated and contributing teammates to sustain our growth and development.
As a Machine Operator for Manufacturing Technology, based in South Bend, Indiana, you will be responsible for the machine operation of our Manufacturing Services and Contract Welding work. You will be doing a variety of duties including but not limited to: operating friction welders and special machines to weld parts per individual customer specifications, starting machines, loading and unloading work pieces, programming machines, operating special-purpose machines, and using various gauges, calipers and micrometers to inspect and measure welded pieces to meet customer specifications.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a production facility environment and knows how to operate machinery. They will be reliable and attentive to quality standards.
Experience driving a forklift, ability to read blueprints, and experience using either manual or automated equipment such as lathes, grinders and mills would all be preferred, but not necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work safely and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Starts machine, loads and unloads work pieces (lifting work pieces manually or using hoist), secures work piece in fixture and observes machine operation.
- Maintains welders and special-purpose machines. This may include replacing worn machine accessories such as collet pads or fixture pads, cleaning equipment using solvent and rags, and lubricating equipment as needed.
- Makes fixture and chuck changes, performs fixture and chuck alignment tests, and other set-up changes such as machine controls and limit switch dog or guide locations required to run a particular part.
- Operates special-purpose machines or equipment required for the production of customer parts.
- Inspects and measures welded work pieces to verify conformance to customer specifications using instruments such as preset comparator, fixed gauges, calipers and micrometers.
- Set-up and run research and development sample jobs.
- Use lift truck to move parts between welding, storage and shipping areas
- May be responsible for counting inventory and completing associated documentation required for special customers.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Promotes cultural values and behavior in others (Respectful, Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Effective Communication, Self-motivated, Responsible, Recognition & Appreciation).
- Perform other assignments, as requested by supervisor or manager.
- Advise and recommend future technical and/or operational direction and process improvements as related to this function.
MS Core Competencies:
- Quality Focus
- Achievement Orientation
- Client Focus
- Safety Focus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic math skills
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- Attention to Detail
- Continuous Learning
Experience and Education:
- High School education or equivalent
- Frequently required to stand. Moderately required to walk, reach with hands and arms. Sometimes required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Use hands for purpose of keyboarding; handle or feel.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to function in a manufacturing environment
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
- Accommodations as required for reading, office files and computer screens.
- Talk and hear.
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MTI is a privately held company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in transformational, custom-engineered joining solutions for manufacturing processes. Our leading-edge expertise is available on site worldwide. An ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP registered company, we also provide contract welding services at our 115,000 SF facility in South Bend, as well as at MTI Welding Technologies, Ltd. in Kingswinford, England.
Here is link to everything great about South Bend, Indiana: http://www.ci.south-bend.in.us/
MTI is a EOE/Affirmative Action and Drug Free Workplace.