East Central College has an opening for a part-time Student Success Specialist responsible for providing one-on-one instruction to students at the Rolla location in English coursework and facilitating workshops and group tutoring sessions. Schedule will be determined each semester based on tutoring needs and student class schedules; day or evening hours may be required.
This is a part-time position, not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate's degree in related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide student-focused tutoring services in one-on-one instruction or group session environments.
- Maintain accurate and complete records to document tutoring services provided and activities conducted.
- Assist students from diverse backgrounds and learning levels with patience.
- Provide students assistance with word processing, presentation or course management software, instructional computer software, and computer access issues (usernames, passwords, etc).
- Assist students with executive function skills; including but not limited to time management, testing taking, study skills, and course specific topics.
- Develop and provide supplemental instruction to students in collaboration with academic departments.
- Serve as a test proctor as requested.
- Create and implement bridge programming to assist students in advancing course academic placement in collaboration with academic departments.
- Assist in identifying at risk students who need academic or practical assistance to maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Serve as a Student Success Coach for Rolla students or assist with Student Success Coaching responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Position is a level 105. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.