East Central College has an opening for a part-time entry level Technical Support Technician responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, inventory, and security of technical resources.
This is a part time position not to exceed 19.75 hour per week.
Tentative schedule: Monday - Thursday 1:30pm - 6:30pm
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Associate’s degree or equivalent; one year related work experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Install, configure, and maintain classroom & office workstations, and peripheral devices in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Perform the istallation, upgrade, and maintenance of software applications and suites; ensure compliance with license agreements and copyright legislation
- Provide user support for installed workstations, peripheral devices, and standard software applications; diagnose and resolve issues reported to the Help Desk by academic and administrative users
- Advise the IT Director of technical issues and consult with vendor support agencies to resolve problems and determine equipment requirements
- Collaborate with network & system staff to evaluate network requirements and develop solutions to provide the required services; install, configure, and troubleshoot network equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technical equipment, including system and software configurations and network addressing
- Implement software utilities, install hardware devices, and develop procedures to ensure the security and reliability of equipment, software, and data resources
- Acquire and maintain requisite technical skills to accurately diagnose and resolve problems and concerns associated with computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here. Position is a level 103.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.