East Central College has an opening for a part-time Library Technician responsible for providing circulation services and standard reference assistance and instruction to library patrons. Manage purchasing for library, especially acquisitions of library materials.
This is a part-time position, not to exceed 19.75 hours per week - 4 days a week, minimum one night until 6:30, Monday - Thursday. Occasional Saturday may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate's degree
- 2 years related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide circulation services and standard reference assistance and instruction in a professional and confidential manner to a diverse population.
- Manage purchasing for library, working in conjunction with outside vendors and ECC business office. Reconcile credit card purchase; process check requests.
- Process circulation notices (overdue, courtesy, and billed notices).
- Process and route inter-college library book requests (MOBIUS) and intra-college library materials requests; maintain proper tracking records.
- Receive, interpret and handle incoming telephone calls and online chats.
- Create library publications and signage.
- Maintain inventory of library supplies.
- Process and determine method of disposal for discarded library materials
- Manage the Friends of the Library Book Sales and on-going Book Sale Cart
- Library materials maintenance: examine materials on shelves for accurate placement; identify materials in need of repair/replacement; repair materials; and shift collections as needed.
- Provide patrons with assistance in using the internet, various computer programs, printers and copiers.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here. Position is a level 103.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.