The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified and enthusiastic Baristas. Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre is a sophisticated boutique hotel with a fine dining restaurant, a hip lounge, nostalgically happening bar, and beautifully appointed environment for our guests. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
We are currently looking to hire an outstanding Barista for our Farmacy Café. The ideal candidate will have a love of coffee (and other specialty drinks) and enjoy providing excellent customer service to our guests.
Come and grow with us!
Rate of Pay: $15.50
- Six (6) months – One (1) year experience coffee shop or other food establishment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Register and cash handling experience
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees must have flexible availability and be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep café operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Delivers superior customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.