The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified, enthusiastic, part time, experienced line cooks. Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre is a sophisticated boutique hotel with a fine dining restaurant, nostalgically happening bar, and beautifully appointed environment for our guests. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
We are hiring experienced line cooks that can meet the following qualifications:
- Must have at least 1 year experience working in upscale casual restaurant atmosphere. Culinary school experience preferred.
- Focused, able to multi-task
- Short Order Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Read food tickets and prepare food following company and sanitary standards.
- Prepare food and work with servers ensuring customers are served a quality product.
- Prep work: prep recipes and adequate amounts of food items to be served to customers.
- Keep kitchen(s) and commissary in a clean and organized manner (cooks and must be checked out by a manager prior to leaving for the day)
- Maintain food in accordance with ServSafe and health code regulations
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling and reading thermometers.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Maintain par lists, par levels, waste logs and requisition forms in accordance with management standards.
- Assist the servers in any way to help expedite the food in a quicker more efficient manner.
- Help in all areas of the restaurant where needed.
- Ensure menus are utilized according to company standards and policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by management.
- Flexible schedule **Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company**
- Rate of Pay: $17/hour
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.