Perr&Knight is seeking an Actuarial Consultant that will work closely with a supervising Consulting Actuary and our other practice areas such as Product Design and State Filings. In addition, it is expected that the Actuarial Consultant will communicate and work directly with clients, with supervision. The Actuarial Consultant will be responsible for meeting a billing target.
What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Friendly, dynamic work environment – Includes certification as a Great Place to Work® (three years in a row!) along with Climate Neutral Status
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
(salary range: $70,000 - $85,000)
- Flexible Work Program
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K with matching Company contributions
- Community Support Program including VTO and donations with Company match
- Employee Recognition Program
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental, Community and Employee Wellbeing, Excellent Work Product, Innovation, Integrity and Superior Customer Experience
What You'll be Doing:
- Preparing product pricing
- Performing competitor research
- Preparing benchmarking analyses
- Performing rate filing support
- Working on miscellaneous projects for all accident and health lines of business
- Supporting self-insured clients with analysis of benefits, stop loss coverage, budget rate setting and claim reserving
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university
- One (1) to three (3) years working in the Accident & Health industry
- General understanding of standard industry Supplemental Health coverage types such as Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Critical Illness, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills
- One (1) to three (3) Actuarial Exams
- Ability to think creatively/imaginatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, a leading cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York Metro Area, and Cincinnati, and more than 130 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.
Perr&Knight is an equal opportunity employer and committed to inclusion and diversity. Perr&Knight does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.