East Central College has an opening for a Network & Systems Manager responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, inventory, and security of all physical and virtual systems and servers including voice and data communications systems, network appliances, devices, infrastructure, file servers, software, application servers, data storage and disaster recovery equipment in the Information Technology Department.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associates Degree; Bachelors degree preferred
- Four years directly related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Prioritize, coordinate, and supervise all voice, communications and data systems, and infrastructure maintenance activities
- Install, configure, and maintain voice, communications and data systems, appliances, devices, infrastructure, file servers, software applications, data storage and disaster recovery equipment
- Diagnose and resolve problems and concerns associated with implemented voice, communications and data systems reported by academic and administrative users
- Coordinate with college users to evaluate voice, communications and data systems requirements and develop solutions to provide required services
- Apply and update security measures to ensure the integrity of institutional voice, communications and data systems resources and prevent unauthorized systems access
- Implement disaster recovery systems and develop procedures to ensure reliability of institutional voice, communications and data resources and recoverability in the event of a catastrophic event
- Maintain an accurate inventory of voice, communications and data systems hardware and software
- Advise the Director of Information Technology of technical issues and consult with vendors and other support agencies to resolve problems and determine equipment requirements
- Compile on-line and hardcopy operational, procedural, and informational documentation for voice, communication and data systems, implemented security measures and disaster recovery procedures
- Identify training requirements for the network operations and computer technicians
- Develop instructional materials and provide training for installed hardware and software
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 206. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.