East Central College has an opening for full-time (9 month) Accounting Instructor responsible for providing an effective learning experience in the classroom for students with diverse interests, abilities, and expectations.
Anticipated start Fall 2024.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance with a minimum of 18 graduate level hours in Accounting preferred
- 5 years of industry experience preferred
- CPA license preferred, but not required
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- Participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards and policies in collaboration with core faculty, Dean, and/or Department Chairperson.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, presentations; and maintain course outlines, syllabi, printed, and non-printed instructional materials.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance, and recommending improvement measures.
- Assist in conducting program review; plan, develop and implement activities in support of the Higher Learning Commission, or other agency, accreditation guidelines with regard to student academic achievement (assessment) and their success on outcomes (institutional effectiveness).
- Maintain student/attendance/grade/discipline records as required by the College; keep appropriate course/department/program/division records, as required by the College.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Salary will commensurate with education and years of experience. Faculty salary schedule can be viewed here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.