East Central College has an opening for a full-time Enterprise System Administrator Associate responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, security, and disaster recovery of enterprise information systems, database management systems and integrated applications; and the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of local applications to automate user processes.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programming, or a computer related field;
- Five years of experience as a Computer Programmer, Data Manager, or related occupation.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Perform the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of enterprise information systems, database management systems and integrated applications.
- Work with the Business Analyst, Enrollment Services on assignments related to the Student Services department.
- Coordinate with college users to evaluate process requirements and implement, develop, or modify software applications to provide required automated services, data extracts, and reports.
- Provide user support and training for implemented information systems, database management systems and integrated applications; diagnose and resolve problems reported by academic and administrative users.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional, tactful, and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the public.
- Implement and update security measures to maintain the integrity of institutional data resources and prevent unauthorized system access.
- Employ disaster recovery systems and develop backup procedures to ensure reliability of data resources and recoverability in the event of a catastrophic event.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of installed information systems, database management systems, application software and associated hardware; ensure that maintenance agreements and licenses are current and accurate in accordance with college policy.
- Advise the Enterprise System Administrator of technical issues and consult with vendor support agencies to resolve problems and determine system and software requirements.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 205. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.