East Central College has an opening for an Enterprise System Administrator responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, operations and security of enterprise administrative and academic information systems and its integration with custom or third-party software systems, application software, disaster recovery procedures, and the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of local applications to automate user processes.
Anticipated start date of 7/1/24
This position is located on site in Union, MO.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Development, or a computer related field
- 5-8 years of experience as a Software Developer / Analyst, Data Manager, or related occupation
- Colleague experience as system administrator preferred.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, programming languages, analysis, and educational systems. Knowledge of standard business functionalities. Strong documentation skills. Must understand security and data integrity controls and protocols.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Manages and leads in the implementation and support of the Enterprise Resource system. This includes analyzing current processing and procedures and advising appropriate alternatives for the college’s business areas which include but is not limited to the General Ledger, Budgeting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Human Resources, Payroll, Course Management, Instructional Management, Admissions, Advising, Registration, and Financial Aid.
- Analyze the effect of vendor patches prior to their installation in Colleague software systems; Coordinate the installation of Colleague vendor patches and system upgrades with users.
- Consults with supervisor, software developers, information technology personnel and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Maintain functional and technical interfaces with a diverse set of peripheral systems, including but not limited to: Learning Management system, Procurement system, Student Conduct system, Learning/Tutoring system, Financial Scholarship system, Library Consortium system, College Board placement system, eCommerce system, Customer Relationship Management system, Active Directory, Department of Education system, Report writing system, National Student Loan Clearing house system, Course Evaluation system, Bookstore system, Payment Plan system, Imaging system, Print management system, State of Missouri Retirement system.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Coordinates with other software developers about program revisions
- Effectively resolves complex problems by conducting a thorough analysis and employing appropriate strategies for resolution.
- Coordinates with the Business Analyst, Enrollment Services on assignments related to the Student Services department.
- Provides analysis of existing and new processes with an eye for continuing improvement
- Assists in the planning of budgets, upgrades, and direction of Enterprise System resources.
- Implement, maintain, and update security measures to ensure the integrity of institutional data resources and prevent unauthorized access to those systems.
- Implement disaster recovery systems and develop procedures to ensure reliability of institutional data resources and recovery in the event of a catastrophic event.
- Diagnose and resolve problems and concerns associated with implemented information systems, reported by academic and administrative users.
- Acquire and maintain the requisite technical skills to perform systems management activities in support of institutional data processing.
- Develop instructional materials and provide training for installed software. Must be comfortable mentoring and training staff and other members of the college community.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Minimum starting salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 206. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.