East Central College has an opening for a Supplemental Instruction (SI) Coordinator responsible for providing a lead role in developing, coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the Supplemental Instruction program. Working collaboratively with faculty, the SI Coordinator will recruit, hire, train and supervise SI leaders. The SI Coordinator is responsible for promoting the SI program to faculty and students and maintaining strong lines of communication throughout the campus community. Additionally, the SI Coordinator will monitor and evaluate the SI leaders and the success of the program at large.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of a master’s degree or higher in Higher Education Leadership, English, Mathematics, or related field. Supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
- Teaching or tutoring experience, preferably in English or mathematics;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with various campus stakeholders;
- Methods, practices, and techniques of improving student learning through specialized structured lesson plans, teaching techniques, and instructional materials. Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail;
- Experience with Title III or other grant administration preferred; and
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in educational support services, and academic or student affairs;knowledge of best practices in retention and student support in the community college context, preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Coordinate all aspects of the SI program and expand SI support as needed, including online, asynchronous, and face-to-face supplemental instruction.
- Promote and develop marketing materials for the SI program to students, faculty and staff.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, oversee and evaluate SI Leaders. Provides guidance on use of facilitation and learning strategies and collaborative learning techniques.
- Design and maintain current SI leader training materials and forms.
- Coordinate and administer SI training sessions.
- Assists in designing additional learning support initiatives to include study skills workshops; helps facilitate training initiatives such as College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and mentor trainings;
- Manage, maintain accurate data and analyze and evaluate SI program for reporting purposes.
- Collaborate pro-actively with faculty, staff and administration on matters related to SI.
- Communicate regularly with faculty concerning the implementation and effectiveness of SI in their courses.
- Develop and update SI policies and procedures, goals, objectives and learning outcomes.
- Evaluate, disseminate and report on learning outcomes for assessment of the SI program.
- Serve on college committees and participate in professional development activities.
- Provide high level of organizational, interpersonal, analytical and professional judgment.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 204. Salary schedule can be viewed here. This a grant funded position.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.