East Central College has opening for a full-time Retention Specialist at the Rolla location responsible for providing retention support systems including coaching, mentoring, and supplemental instruction to ensure student success and retention for students impacted by environmental, social support, and college readiness factors.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Bachelor’s degree; tutoring experience preferred. Tested experience in student success, retention initiatives, and/or academic support roles; teaching experience preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Assist Retention Coordinator with outreach, success coaching, and use of retention software.
- Understand retention software and use it to make notes and communicate with students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of retention issues and practices in higher education.
- Serve as a Success Coach, with anticipated caseloads of 300+ students. Primary responsibilities include closing stop-out gap, communicating with students and faculty, assisting students with resources, and providing timely interventions to help students in their academic progress.
- Support students acclimating to college, bridging gaps of knowledge, and transitioning to alternative modalities that differ from “traditional” classroom structure.
- Provide students with information about program area(s) and services available; provide faculty with information about services available and opportunities for faculty participation.
- Assist with outreach to appropriate divisions, departments, and classes; provide students with information about program area(s) and services available; provide faculty with information about services available and opportunities for faculty participation.
- Collaborate with Retention Coordinator, other Success Coaches, Learning Center staff and/or instructors concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Work in partnership with counselor and other Student Services departments to support student’s well-being, including access to mental health counseling and additional resources.
- Present on relevant information to campus regarding supportive measures for students
- Provide feedback to campus on student challenges and trends supporting success.
- Collect and evaluate data regarding students' progress; provide feedback to the Retention Coordinator. Assist Retention Coordinator with assessment reporting.
- Collaborate with the Retention Coordinator and Learning Center on workshops and programming that support retention and student success, including study groups, linked tutoring, embedded tutoring, etc…
- Perform assigned responsibilities, and other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 106. Salary schedule can be viewed here. Position is grant funded.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.