East Central College has an opening for a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist responsible for providing students and College staff with detailed information regarding financial accounts related to accounts receivable. This position is responsible for invoicing, receiving, collecting, and recording monies due to the college. In addition, the AR Specialist performs analytical duties related to stale checks, Financial Aid refunds, non-payment drops and past due accounts.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associates Degree; one-year related experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Receive/post cash & credit card transactions and other cashier duties.
- Maintain cashier office cash fund.
- Answer inquiries regarding student accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits & verify deposits against the daily cash session totals.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all payments received.
- Disburse payroll, reimbursement & refund checks, as well as W-2s, 1098Ts & 1099s as needed.
- Calculate charges and refunds; verify student loan and grant amounts. Red flag refunds that should not be distributed.
- Monitor payment plans, mail invoices to students, & create invoices for some governmental agencies.
- Sell tickets for theatre and special events. Sell and add print copies to student PMP accounts.
- Maintain automobile registration records and issue parking tags.
- Send delinquent accounts to Debt Offset/third party collections/credit bureau; report payments received to same agencies.
- Apply money collected from Debt Offset to student accounts and notify students, prepare requisition to pay collection agency.
- Monitor, and communicate with students about stale checks, maintain documentation of the communication.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a level 104. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.